Video Review Course: Cardiology
Dr Punit Ramrakha teaches Cardiology (Vol II)
- Cardiology for the MRCP Part 1
- Topics covered
- Long QT syndrome
- Drug-induced long QT
- Other causes of long QT
- Congenital long QT syndromes
- Congenital LQT syndromes
- Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome
- Mechanisms of re-entry tachycardia in WPW
- Localisation of accessory pathway in WPW
- ECG - dominant R in V1
- Indications for temporary pacing
- Indications for permanent pacing
- Cardioversion with flecanide
- Adverse effects of flecainide
- Maintenance of SR with flecanide
- Acyanotic congenital heart disease
- Atrial septal defects
- Sites of ASD (viewed from RA)
- Atrial septal defects
- Patent foramen ovale
- Holt-Oram syndrome
- Causes of aortic regurgitation
- Clinical features of AR
- Indications for surgery in AR
- Causes of mitral stenosis
- Clinical features of MS
- Indications for surgery in MS
- Aortic dissection types
- Aortic dissection
- Management of aortic dissection
- Video Feedback
Lecturer: Dr Punit Ramrakha
MS (Cambridge), BMBCh (Oxon), MRCP (UK), PhD
Consultant Stoke Mandeville and Hammersmith Hospitals
Dr Punit Ramrakha graduated from Cambridge (MA, 1st Class Hons.) and Oxford University (BMBCh) with many university prizes. He has trained in General Medicine at Hammersmith Hospital, Royal Brompton Hospital, St Thomas's Hospital and National Hospital Queen Square in London, before undertaking his cardiology training as a Registrar at the Hammersmith Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and St Mary's Hospital, London. Punit undertook a PhD with Imperial College, and received the Young Investigator award in 2001 for his research. Punit is Editor of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine 3rd Edition (OUP, 1993), the Oxford Handbook of Acute medicine (OUP, 1997), and QBase Medicine 1 (GMM, 1998), Best of Five Clinical Scenarios for the MRCP Part 1 (GMM, 2004). He has been teaching on courses for the MRCP and MRCPCH in London since 1994 and co-founded 123Doc Medical Courses in 2000.
- 56 minutes
- Fully animated, internet-enhanced presentation as used in the classroom lecture.
- Adjustable streaming speed video for every user with broadband or dial-up internet access.
- Ability to watch the video in installments and come back to the same point at any time in the future.
- Complete script for users unable to listen to the presentation.
- The 123Doc Cardiology online video lecture is highly flexible, allowing you to study anytime, from any computer connected to the internet.
This eLecture is suitable for those studying for:
|Cardiology (Vol II)||6.00||2 months|
|Cardiology (Vol II)||17.99||6 months|
You will need to have Java installed on your machine to view the electure, however Java is installed as standard on every machine these days. If you suspect that it is not installed on your computer, you can check for and install (free of charge) the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment