Video Review Course: Nephrology
Dr Rukshana Shroff teaches Nephrology
- Nephrology for MRCPCH Part 1 123doc medical courses
- Examination system
- Syllabus for Nephrology
- Lecture pattern
- Glomerulonephritis - Q1
- What is nephritis?
- Proteinuria - Q2
- Measuring proteinuria
- Causes of Proteinuria
- Proteinuria and haematuria
- Colour of urine sample - Q3
- Bloody urine - without blood
- Macroscopic haematuria
- Causes of hematuria
- Multiple renal calculi
- Colours of urine samples - underlying condition
- Side effects of Cyclophosphamide
- Nephrotic Syndrome - Q4
- What is the underlying condition discussed here?
- Childhood Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome
- Nephrotic range proteinuria
- Complications of Nephrotic Syndrome
- Thrombosis and embolism
- Childhood nephrotic syndrome
- Protocol for Management of Nephrotic syndrome
- Indications for renal biopsy in a child with nephrotic syndrome
- Renal failure
- Serum Creatinine and GFR
- Causes of
- Management issues in Chronic Renal Failure
- Feeding issues
- Factors influencing growth
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- Calcium, Phosphate & Vit D Metabolism
- Diet in chronic renal failure
- Indications for dialysis
- Types of Dialysis
- Hypertension - Q8
- Indication for renal biopsy - Q9
- Discussion - Q9
- Hints and Tips - Q9
- Indications for biopsy
- A syndrome with multi-system involvement...
- Analysis - Q10
- Fits on day 5 of life in a term baby:
- Cystic kidneys
- This baby has:
- Multi-organ involvement in TS
- Polycystic Kidney Diseases
- Management of enuresis
- A rare syndrome... Q12
- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome.
- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome
- A rare syndrome... Q13
- Renal Associated Syndromes - Q13
- Denys - Drash syndrome
- Nephro-urological problems - Q14
- Answer F
- Video Feedback
Lecturer: Dr Rukshana Schroff
MD, MRCPCH (UK) Lecturer for 123Doc and Pastest Rukshana Shroff qualified with multiple awards and distinctions from Bombay University, India. She then went on to obtain an MD in Paediatrics, with a special interest in Paediatric Nephrology. She obtained her MRCPCH while on a paediatric rotation in Nottingham and is now a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames Deanery. She has had considerable experience teaching on undergraduate and postgraduate exam courses and is currently on the Royal College Regional Questions Group, which frames and evaluates suitable questions for the MRCPCH exams.
- 113 minutes
- Fully animated, internet-enhanced presentation as used in the classroom lecture.
- Adjustable streaming speed video for every user with broadband or dial-up internet access.
- Ability to watch the video in installments and come back to the same point at any time in the future.
- Complete script for users unable to listen to the presentation.
- The 123Doc Nephrology online video lecture is highly flexible, allowing you to study anytime, from any computer connected to the internet.
This eLecture is suitable for those studying for:
You will need to have Java installed on your machine to view the electure, however Java is installed as standard on every machine these days. If you suspect that it is not installed on your computer, you can check for and install (free of charge) the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment